PLEASE CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO ENTER
Easwaramma - The Divine Mother
· Mother's womb is the birthplace of one
and all, be it a commoner or the Avatar himself. Therefore adore the mother as
God. Uphold her name and respect her.
· Lava and Kusha became heroic children because of their great mother, Seethadevi. It is the noble thoughts of the mother which make the children great.
· It is the foremost duty of children to secure the blessings of their mothers for their worldly well being.
· The Mother's lap is the school for everyman. It is his first temple. The mother is everyman's primary wealth. To recognize this truth about one's mother is the duty of every person.
· There is no higher God than mother. The father is one's treasure; the mother is his God.
· Among the parents, first place is given to the mother, next comes the father. Not only in day-to-day life, but also in the field of spirituality, mothers and women are given the highest regard. For example, when we mention the names of divine couples such as Sita Rama, Radha Krishna, Lakshmi Narayana etc. names of the Goddesses come first. What is the inner significance of this? Mother represents nature, which is the manifest aspect of Divinity.
· Mother is given the utmost importance in human life. There may be a wicked son, but not a wicked mother. It is because of the noble feelings of the mothers that sons become virtuous, intelligent, attain exalted positions and earn name and fame.
· Rama's divinity blossomed under Kausalya's Loving care; because of the tender feelings and austerity of Sita, Lava and Kusha achieved name and fame; fostered with love of his mother Puthibai, Gandhi became a Mahatma, the loving care of Jijibai made Sivaji a great warrior.
· It is the mother who teaches you the sacred principles like love, compassion, forbearance, tolerance and sacrifice. Mother shows the father, the father takes you to the preceptor and preceptor directs you to God. That is why among mother, father, preceptor and God, mother comes first.
· The mother is the first teacher and as compared to male teachers, the teachings of women teachers are better assimilated by students because the latter teach from the heart with love.
· Always remember your mother's love. Do not hurt your mother in any way. You say, Swami's love is that of a thousand mothers. When you are unable to comprehend and experience the love of a single mother, how can you understand the love a thousand mothers? If you are unable to please your mother, how can you make Swami happy? Swami will be happy when you make your mother happy.
· Sons become illustrious exemplars because of the goodness and greatness of their mothers. Mother is the very foundation for the entire world.
· The welfare of the son depends on the mother. It is because of the love of the mother that the son becomes great and eminent. So the foremost duty of the son is to be grateful to his mother, respect her and serve her.
· In this world all things are transient. Only righteousness and good name endure. How is one to acquire a good name? By revering the mother. Never go against the wishes of the mother. The son who causes pain to mother can never be happy. Hence, earn the blessings of the mother.
SRI SATHYA SAI BABA